Renewal Information for Massachusetts Title 5 System Inspectors (SIs) and Soil Evaluators (SEs).
IMPORTANT NOTES: (updated 5/16/23)
- The renewal cycle for Soil Evaluators and System Inspectors that expire June 30, 2023, is drawing to a close. Renewal notices were mailed out March 9th. A second renewal notice was mailed out mid-May. If you did not receive your notice, please contact our office to verify your mailing address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an active evaluator or inspector, you need to have earned 10 Training Contact Hours (TCHs) during the period of July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2023.
- You can renew as INACTIVE without TCHs to keep your license valid, but you cannot do evaluations or inspections. Check off the box on your invoice to change your approval to INACTIVE status. When you are ready to go back ACTIVE, get 10 TCHs and fill out a Status Change form. Send that form in with copies of your training certificates and a $25 admin fee. TCHs need to be taken in the same year as the request (old training cannot be used).
- If you need to earn TCHs, please see our listing of approved training here.
- For first-time renewals (anyone expiring on a date other than June 30th), please download and print out the FIRST RENEWAL ONLY Form on our Forms page and follow the instructions.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com – include your SE and/or SI approval number.
If you do not renew your SE or SI approval (license), you will not be authorized to conduct Title 5 system inspections or soil evaluations.
To renew, submit a renewal form (sent to you by NEIWPCC approximately 3 to 4 months prior to approval expiration date), along with the appropriate fee and, if this is a subsequent (2nd, 3rd, etc.) renewal, evidence of 10 pre-approved TCHs (training contract hours). You will then receive a renewed approval wallet card back from NEIWPCC a few weeks later. Any System Inspector or Soil Evaluator who does not submit a renewal with payment will ultimately have their approval revoked and must retake the examination(s) to regain their approval. TCHs are not required for your first renewal.
Any questions should be directed to the Massachusetts Certification hotline: 978-349-2516, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org