The 2022 Northeast Aquatic Biologists (NAB) Conference will take place March 2-4 at the Holiday Inn in Portland, Maine.
The upcoming Northeast Aquatic Biologists (NAB) Conference, coordinated by NEIWPCC in partnership with member states and EPA, preserves the spirit and tradition of providing a forum for the professional sharing of knowledge and collaboration that the aquatic and environmental biologist community in the Northeast represents.
NAB is open to all registrants. Attendees include representatives in New England and New York State, including participants from state, federal, tribal, and municipal governments; the private sector; academia; and watershed organizations.
Planning for the conference is underway and will include a pre-conference workshop and concurrent, plenary, and poster sessions. We will adapt accordingly to deliver content, networking, and social events to provide you the same great event in a safe way. Stay tuned here as more conference details unfold.
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts has now closed.
We still have room for a few posters! If you’d like to present at the NAB 2022 Poster Session reception, please contact Maryann Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested submission topics for posters include:
- Training Sessions
- Biomonitoring & Bioassessments
- Habitat Assessments
- Lake Monitoring & Assessment
- Chloride/Road Salt Impacts
- Cyanobacteria/HAB Monitoring & Mitigation
- Climate Change & Resiliency of Aquatic Life/Ecosystem Function
- Environmental Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Environmental Law & Policy
- Clean Water Act Success Stories & Assessments
- Innovative Use of Technology
- Traditional & Innovative Water Quality Monitoring
- Temperature & Seasonal Monitoring
- Streamflow & Water Quantity
- Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring
- Community & Volunteer Monitoring
- Restoration Studies
- Regional Monitoring Networks
- Emerging Contaminants
- Water Monitoring Using Trail Cameras
- And More!
This year, we are particularly interested in presentations which focus on or include an element of environmental justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We also encourage creative and innovative presentations; if you have a presentation idea that is outside the box or would like to lead a pre-conference workshop, please submit your abstracts with comments.
Expected to open in December 2022, registration will be accepted via check or credit card. To ensure the safety of our attendees, we will not be providing on-site registration. For more information, please see the COVID-19 Policy.
We hope to see you at NAB 2022 in Maine!
For general NAB Conference questions or information about the NAB Workgroup, please contact Maryann Dugan at 978-349-2052 or email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a 2022 NAB exhibitor or sponsor? Please contact Maryann Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A select number of conference proceedings are available on our website.