Title 5 Renewals

Renewal Information for Massachusetts Title 5 System Inspectors (SIs) and Soil Evaluators (SEs).


  • If you have sent in your 2019 Title 5 Renewal information it may take several weeks to receive your approval. Please do not call the office inquiring about the status as we have hundreds of applications in review.  If your application submittal was complete, then you are in GOOD STANDING unless otherwise notified.
  • If you did not receive your renewal, please contact us at – include your SE and/or SI approval number and current mailing address. 

If you do not renew your SE or SI approval (license), you will not be authorized to conduct Title 5 system inspections or soil evaluations.  To renew, submit a renewal form (sent to you by NEIWPCC approximately 3 to 4 months prior to approval expiration date), along with the appropriate fee and, if this is a subsequent (2nd, 3rd, etc.) renewal, evidence of 10 pre-approved TCHs (training contract hours).  You will then receive a renewed approval wallet card back from NEIWPCC a few weeks later.  Any System Inspector or Soil Evaluator who does not submit a renewal with payment will ultimately have their approval revoked and must retake the examination(s) to regain their approval.  TCHs are not required for your first renewal.

In 2006, revisions to Title 5 required a renewal process for all Soil Evaluators and System Inspectors. Title 5, 310 CMR 15.000 requires these approvals be renewed on a three (3) year cycle. As long as a completed application for renewal is filed based on the timelines identified in the table/grid shown in the Renewal Fact Sheet – more specifically, by the expiration date shown on your approval wallet card – your initial approval will not expire until a final determination has been made on the renewal application. If you do not renew within these timeframes, you will need to retake an exam in order to regain an SE and/or SI approval.

Any questions should be directed to the Massachusetts Certification hotline: 978-323-7929 (x 105), or by email at