NEIWPCC is pleased to announce that the 2022 Northeast Aquatic Biologists (NAB) Conference will be held on March 2-4 at the Holiday Inn in Portland, Maine.
The upcoming NAB Conference, coordinated by NEIWPCC in partnership with member states and EPA, preserves the spirit and tradition of providing a forum for the professional sharing of knowledge and collaboration that the aquatic and environmental biologist community in the Northeast represents.
This conference is open to all registrants, and attendees will include representatives from public and private sectors in New England and New York State, including participants from state, federal, tribal, and municipal governments; the private sector; academia; and watershed organizations.
Planning for the conference is underway and will include a pre-conference workshop and concurrent, plenary, and poster sessions. We will adapt accordingly to deliver content, networking, and social events to provide you the same great event in a safe way. Stay tuned here as more conference details unfold.
The Call for Abstracts Deadline has been extended to Friday, October 22.
Call for Abstracts
Please submit your abstract by Friday, October 22.
Suggested submission topics for presentations and posters include:
- Training Sessions
- Biomonitoring & Bioassessments
- Habitat Assessments
- Lake Monitoring & Assessment
- Chloride/Road Salt Impacts
- Cyanobacteria/HAB Monitoring & Mitigation
- Climate Change & Resiliency of Aquatic Life/Ecosystem Function
- Environmental Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Environmental Law & Policy
- Clean Water Act Success Stories & Assessments
- Innovative Use of Technology
- Traditional & Innovative Water Quality Monitoring
- Temperature & Seasonal Monitoring
- Streamflow & Water Quantity
- Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring
- Community & Volunteer Monitoring
- Restoration Studies
- Regional Monitoring Networks
- Emerging Contaminants
- And More!
This year, we are particularly interested in presentations which focus on or include an element of environmental justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We also encourage creative and innovative presentations; if you have a presentation idea that is outside the box or would like to lead a pre-conference workshop, please submit your abstracts with comments.
Expected to open in December 2022, registration will be accepted via check or credit card. To ensure the safety of our attendees, we will not be providing on-site registration; for more information, please see the COVID-19 Policy outlined below.
UPDATE: NEIWPCC COVID-19 Policy
NEIWPCC is committed to providing an event that keeps all participants as safe as possible and promotes the well-being of our community. NEIWPCC requires all individuals who participate in the NAB Conference to be fully vaccinated in order to attend.
- Following the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) guidance, people are considered “fully vaccinated” either 2 weeks after they receive their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after they receive their single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- As new guidance regarding vaccine recommendations is updated by the CDC to include booster doses in the future, participants may be required to provide proof they have received such doses.
Guests must show proof of vaccination when arriving at the event. Accepted proof of vaccination includes the original vaccination card, a printed copy of the vaccination card, or a digital photograph of the vaccination card. To protect confidential information, NEIWPCC will not maintain copies of these documents, and any records provided will be discarded.
In addition, all attendees must adhere to all NAB Conference safety measures. The NAB Conference will operate according to the prevailing federal, state, county, and city laws, regulations, recommendations, and guidelines, as well as venue-specific regulations for the Holiday Inn by the Bay, as they are in effect over the NAB Conference dates (including but not limited to face mask requirements, social distancing, etc.).
To ensure safety, we will not be accepting on-site registrations.
We will continue to revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic.
We hope to see you at NAB 2022 in Maine!
For general NAB Conference questions or information about the NAB Workgroup, please contact Maryann Dugan at 978-349-2052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a 2022 NAB exhibitor or sponsor? Please contact Vivian Frausto at email@example.com.
Presentations and materials from the 2021 Virtual NAB Conference, 2020 NAB Conference, and 2019 NAB Conference may be found at the archived conference pages.