The Training Advisory Committee (TAC), comprised of representatives of the consortium’s organizations, steers the direction of the Massachusetts wastewater operator training program.
NEIWPCC and the Massachusetts Water Environment Association co-chair the TAC, which meets semi-annually to recommend training needs, schedules, course content, training locations, and speakers. The TAC works closely with the Massachusetts Board of Operator Certification to ensure that proper and sufficient training is provided to the operators of Massachusetts.
The following organizations have representatives on the TAC:
- New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA)
- Massachusetts Water Environment Association (MAWEA)
- Massachusetts Rural Water Association (MassRWA)
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- U.S. EPA – New England
- Massachusetts Board of Operator Certification
- Upper Blackstone Water Pollution Abatement District