NEIWPCC is pleased to announce a new training opportunity – an Internet-based operator training course focused on wet weather issues and impacts at wastewater treatment facilities.
The online wet weather operations course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to develop wet weather operating procedures for a wastewater treatment facility.
Since it is available over the Internet, the course is self-paced and can be completed at home or at work. The cost is $100.
Upon successful completion of the course, 10 training contact hours (currently valid for wastewater operator recertification in NY, MA, ME, and NH) will be awarded.
NEIWPCC’s online wet weather training is based on a one-and-a-half day course developed for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC).
The Environmental Training Center at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa – a leader in environmental technology online training development – took the materials produced for NYS DEC and adapted them for training over the internet.
The development and hosting of the online course was coordinated by the Partnership for Environmental Technology Education (PETE).
Important Course Information
- The fee for this course is $100 per student. This fee must be received by NEIWPCC before students can take the online wet weather course.
- Upon successful completion of the course, 10 training contact hours (currently valid for wastewater operator recertification in NY, MA, ME, and NH) will be awarded. If you are seeking recertification in a state not listed here, verify in advance with the appropriate regulatory agency that this course is eligible towards recertification.
- Successful completion requires that all assignments be completed (including the course survey) and a score of 70% (14 of 20 questions answered correctly on the final exam) or greater on the final exam.
- Students will have 6 months to complete the course. After 6 months, the full registration fee must be paid again.
- Students will be sent a reminder in the fifth month, if they have not completed the course.
- Checks/money orders should be made payable to “NEIWPCC-Training”.
- Send registration and payment to: NEIWPCC, 650 Suffolk Street, Suite 410, Lowell, MA 01854-3600. Telephone: (978) 323-7929. Fax: (978) 323-7919.
- To enroll in the online wet weather training course, either register online, or download and print an application, and then send the completed application and course payment to NEIWPCC as directed on