A Training Advisory Committee (TAC) has been formed to steer the direction of the Massachusetts wastewater operator training program. The TAC is comprised of representatives of the organizations in the consortium that has begun coordinating the program.
NEIWPCC and the Massachusetts Water Pollution Control Association co-chair the TAC, which meets quarterly to make recommendations on training needs, schedules, course content, training locations, and speakers. The TAC works closely with the Massachusetts Board of Operator Certification to ensure that proper and sufficient training is provided to the operators of Massachusetts.
The following organizations have representatives on the TAC:
- New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA)
- Massachusetts Water Pollution Control Association (MWPCA)
- Massachusetts Rural Water Association (MassRWA)
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- U.S. EPA – New England
- Massachusetts Board of Operator Certification
- Upper Blackstone Water Pollution Abatement District